Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) has been diagnosed in more than 16 million US adults and there are millions more who have evidence of COPD, but have not been diagnosed with it.
Join Dr. David Mannino from GlaxoSmithKline, as he presents an overview of COPD — including screening, diagnosis, classification, treatment and outcomes.
- Identify approaches for COPD screening, diagnosis, and ongoing patient monitoring
- Assess the diagnosis and progression of COPD including clinical data on pulmonary function
- Discuss management strategies for patients with COPD
- Discuss pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment options for COPD to reduce exacerbations
- Educate patients and caregivers to provide clear medical instructions, assess patient preferences, and improve treatment adherence